Monday, June 23, 2014

Call Me!

"I invite you to call me to see if we have a mutually understood set of expectations."  

Is the ending sentence in my resume cover letter, and I am glad I selected such a direct final thought.  This is not a plea of a job seeker to speak to someone from a solicited organization, but a true request to see if we should continue with any sort of reciprocal consideration.

Last week I amp'd up my career search, and received quite a few calls and invitations for interviews.  I also was able to weed out positions that were misleading, and truly not a good fit.  Most importantly I was able to make good contacts, I even got a lunch invite (which I accepted) from the Director of Global Human Resources with a very large company who I will not name.  And although she and I will enjoy a wonderful lunch in the upcoming weeks, I am not interested in the position and she did not feel I was a good fit. 


It's all about relationship building, these are not the typical stakeholders I generally involve in my work, but these are the stakeholders in my professional life -- growing my personal network = growing my personal net worth. 

So if you want to know more about me, I invite you to call me to see if we have a mutual ground we stand on professionally or personally.  And don't forget to follow me on Twitter. @BlairLikely


No comments:

Post a Comment