Thursday, July 24, 2014

Timeless Classics still impact my life.

It has been a while since a book was so good that I felt truly connected with the characters.  Like Holden Caulfield (Catcher in the Rye) and George and Lenny (Of Mice and Men).  In my teens my connection to these characters was much different than my connection today, yet still there is a connection.

Ending my torrid literary affair with John Grisham, I have recently embarked on rekindling my relationships with characters that helped me come of age.  In re-reading coming of age novels I realize these characters who touched ,me years ago, still relevant-- even today.  

It seemed this was the perfect time for something a bit lighter, a bit more familiar and something from my past to shed new light on my current path.

John Steinbeck got it right with of Mice and Men.  This American classic which has been adapted into play bills, and films has recently re-inspired me to take care of my network because my network takes care of me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment